Chaperone robots have helped the world’s elderly overcome loneliness and social isolation worsened by the pandemic. But where most bots need prompting, ElliQ is proactive: the voice-operated AI-powered “personal sidekick” initiates conversation and helps its human companion develop healthy habits—social, physical, and mental. It also keeps track of conversations, notes health conditions, and can contact care specialists and loved ones in case of emergencies. It even makes small talk. Designed for stay-at-home adults 65 years and up, ElliQ is a lightweight, stationary device that only needs a power plug and WiFi. A one-time enrollment fee covers shipping, setup, and installation support.
Buy Now: ElliQ
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time