This sedan is more proof that electric vehicles (EVs) are getting better every year. Unveiled in late 2021 after years of development, the Lucid Air in many ways beats Tesla at its own luxurious EV game. It has the highest EPA–estimated range (520 miles) of any EV currently for sale but offers much more than a big battery: 1,200 max horsepower that can accelerate from 0 to 60 m.p.h. in less than two seconds; the ability to charge 300 miles in just 22 minutes; and a 21–speaker Dolby surround–sound system. With an electric powertrain designed and developed in-house, Lucid Air is the most efficient large electric sedan sold in the U.S., edging out offerings from Tesla, Porsche, Audi, and Mercedes. Not a bad first try from a company that’s clearly going places.
Reserve Now: Lucid Air
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time