Robots powered by artificial intelligence have been popping up in hotels, airports and shopping malls. Now, they’re showing up at assisted living homes, too.
With names like Stevie, Paro and Pillo, these robots can do everything from keeping the elderly company to reminding them to take their medication at the right time.
“Robotics has the potential to play a huge role in elder care facilities and hospitals to enable people to do more with less,” says Conor McGinn, a roboticist and assistant professor at Trinity College Dublin.
Watch the video above to learn more about how robots are being used in elderly care.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time