Robots powered by artificial intelligence have been popping up in hotels, airports and shopping malls. Now, they’re showing up at assisted living homes, too.
With names like Stevie, Paro and Pillo, these robots can do everything from keeping the elderly company to reminding them to take their medication at the right time.
“Robotics has the potential to play a huge role in elder care facilities and hospitals to enable people to do more with less,” says Conor McGinn, a roboticist and assistant professor at Trinity College Dublin.
Watch the video above to learn more about how robots are being used in elderly care.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears