A play off of the popular “no one” followed by “me” construction, the internet’s latest meme has people sharing the song you’re listening to that, well, clearly shows that you are deeply in your sad feelings. Examples include, but are not limited to, saying you’re happy and calm while listening to “Paralyzer” by Finger Eleven; bopping to “Winner Takes It All” from Mamma Mia (the movie version), after saying you’re fine with a breakup; or telling your mom not to visit for the weekend while harmonizing to the Les Miserables finale.
Naturally, the best uses of the “my headphones” meme can be found in recent tweets, like this one from Chloe Bryan, listening to the NPR Tiny Desk concert version of Taylor Swift’s “All Too Well” on high volume after saying she’s fine.
Twitter user @NatalieAmmerman incorporated Kylie Jenner’s “rise and shine” video into her use of the meme on Tuesday.
Here are some of the best “my headphones” memes circulating social media this week — maybe you can take down some sad song recommendations.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Rachel E. Greenspan at firstname.lastname@example.org