“Happy Father’s Day! And wishing a very special first Father’s Day to The Duke of Sussex,” the Sussex Royal Instagram shared in a post on Sunday, along with a picture of Archie’s little hand wrapped around his father’s finger.
It’s only the second time we’ve caught a glimpse of Archie’s face since he was born on May 6. He was first shown during the family’s first official appearance together on May 8.
Sunday’s Instagram was similar to Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day post, which showed baby Archie’s two feet in the palm of his mother’s hand. “Paying tribute to all mothers today — past, present, mothers-to-be and those lost but forever remembered,” the caption said.
The Mother’s Day photo also had a poignant connection to Prince Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana, by featuring her favorite flowers in the background. Those forget-me-nots were also featured at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, got his own Father’s Day shoutout on the Kensington Palace Twitter account. The tweet featured a picture of his and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s youngest child, Prince Louis of Cambridge. It also showed a picture of Prince William and his father, Charles, Prince of Wales.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving