Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, wore an elegant cream-colored sleeveless trench dress for her first official appearance on Wednesday morning, two days after giving birth to her first child, a baby boy on Monday, May 6.
Markle, who’s been noted for her savvy and chic approach to personal style since becoming a part of the Royal Family last year, wore a cream-colored sleeveless trench dress, which featured a midi hem, tortoise buttons and a tie-waist detail, during a photo call at Windsor Castle, the first time she’s been seen in public since giving birth. She paired it with a pair of nude pumps and kept her hair down, foregoing her trademark loose chignon.
Meghan Markle chose dress designer Grace Wales Bonner to design the dress for the appearance, People reports.
Royal baby Sussex is the very first royal baby for Markle and Harry, Duke of Sussex, who tied the knot in May 2018.
Correction, May 7:
The original version of this story misstated the designer of Meghan Markle’s white dress. It was Grace Wales Bonner, not Givenchy.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time