Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex celebrated their one-year anniversary Sunday with an intimate tribute to their wedding day on their Instagram page — which featured new behind-the-scenes photos.
“Thank you for all of the love and support from so many of you around the world,” the couple wrote in the caption. “Each of you made this day even more meaningful.”
The Instagram post is a reel of mostly of black-and-white photos from their special day. “This Little Light of Mine” by the Kingdom Choir serves as the video’s backdrop — the same song Harry and Meghan walked out to after the ceremony last year.
Pictures show Harry and Meghan getting ready for the big day alongside many all-star royals, including Queen Elizabeth II, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and even little Prince George of Cambridge.
The royal couple was married at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018. Their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was born just shy of their one-year anniversary, on May 6.
“Thank you for making the memory of this day so special,” the last slide of the video reel reads.
For a couple who has made privacy a priority, Meghan and Harry have been surprisingly keen to share snapshots of their world with the 8.2 million followers on the Sussex Royal page, where Meghan’s first Mother’s Day was celebrated with an adorable picture of her and her son.
Watch the full tribute below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time