- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- annual fee
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months and 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
- Additional 5x cash back on travel purchased through the Ultimate Rewards program, 3x on dining, and 3x on drugstore purchases
- Extra 1.5% earned the first year up to $20,000
Our evaluations and opinions are not influenced by our advertising relationships, but we may earn a commission from our partners’ links. This content is created independently from TIME’s editorial staff. Learn more.
The card_name’s flat 1.5% cash back on purchases earns a significant amount of rewards on everyday expenses that don’t usually fall into bonus categories. Retailers like Costco, Target, Amazon, and Walmart don’t always offer bonus spend for purchases. But with a cash back card like the card_name, you’re able to rack up a surprising number of points.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The card also offers 5x points on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3x points on dining and drugstore purchases, and a intro_apr_rate,intro_apr_duration.
The card_name is a solid flat-rate earnings card with annual_fee_disclaimer annual fee. Although the 1.5% cash back doesn’t seem impressive at first glance, it becomes more valuable when combined with other rewards cards from Chase that can be redeemed for a far greater value.
This card is recommended for everyday use, whether for doctor copays or big box store purchases. It can be a large earner for cardmembers who want to get the most out of their everyday spending.
Pros and cons
- 5% cash advance and balance transfer fees
- 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars foreign transaction fee
- Only available for cardholders with a good credit score
Who is the card for?
The card_name is for cardholders who want to increase their earnings in everyday spending categories. The 1.5% cash back on the card_name earns a surprising number of rewards at merchants who don’t usually fall into a bonus category. These include Amazon, Target, and Costco purchases.
The card works well alongside other Chase cards, such as card_name. Paired with a premium rewards card from Chase, you can transfer points for travel redemptions that are much more valuable than a 1.5% cash back redemption.
For best odds of approval, potential cardholders should have a good credit score of 670 or above.
Cash back earnings for everything
The card_name’s key feature is 1.5% cash back on every purchase. It’s similar to what other cash back cards are offering, but its relationship with the Ultimate Rewards program can make it more valuable.
Elevated bonus categories
In addition to the 1.5% cash back on everything, bonus categories for dining, drugstores, and travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards bring in additional rewards. Dining and drugstore purchases earn 3x points and travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal earns 5x points.
Time to pay down debt
With the intro_apr_rate,intro_apr_duration, you can transfer a balance and work on paying down ugly debt. With a break from interest payments, you’ll have a little more time to get your finances in order.
The fine print
What interest rates and which fees does the card charge? Here’s what you’ll find in the fine print:
- Regular APR: reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- Intro APR: intro_apr_rate,intro_apr_duration and balance_transfer_intro_apr,balance_transfer_intro_duration.
- Cash advance APR: cash_advance_apr.
- Penalty APR: 29.99%.
- Annual fee: annual_fees.
- Cash advance fee: cash_advance_fee.
- Balance transfer fee: balance_transfer_fees.
- Foreign transaction fee: foreign_transaction_fee.
- Late payment fee: late_payment_fee.
- Returned payment fee: $40.
Additional hidden perks
The card_name cash back card has a number of additional perks that shoppers and travelers will find valuable. They include:
- Purchase protection: New purchases are insured against theft or damage up to 120 days,$500 per claim, and $50,000 per account.
- Extended warranty protection: One year is added to the manufacturer’s warranty when purchased with the card.
- Fraud monitoring and liability protection: Chase actively monitors for fraud and sends an alert if they suspect fraudulent charges.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: When you pay for a rental car with the card, you’re insured with theft and collision coverage.
- Trip cancellation and interruption coverage: Cardholders are eligible for up to $1,500 reimbursement per person for covered events.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Chase has a benefits administrator you can call if you need assistance with emergency situations away from home.
- Free credit score: You have access to your credit score whenever you want to see it.
What could be improved
In a lot of ways, the card_name isn’t an exciting card. There are other cards with cash back earnings higher than 1.5%. Additionally, using this card abroad will result in expensive foreign transaction fees. It’s also limited to cardmembers with good credit, so if you need help building credit, it’s likely not going to be with this card.
There is not a lot of downside to the card_name. It earns an impressive number of rewards and doesn’t charge an annual fee. When combining the cash back earnings from this card with a premium rewards credit card for great travel redemptions, there’s even greater value.
The card’s drawbacks are typical of other cards—the APR is really high, as are the cash advance fee, balance transfer fee, penalty APR, and foreign transaction fee.
If you already have a premium rewards card with Chase or need a solid everyday earner, you’ll definitely want to consider adding a Freedom Unlimited to maximize your cash back or Ultimate Rewards earnings.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I get approved for card_name?
Higher credit scores increase your odds of approval for the card_name, as does an appropriate credit utilization ratio. Chase also recommends opening a checking account or signing up for direct deposit to help your chances of approval.
Why did I get denied for the card_name?
If you were denied the card_name because of negative information in your credit file, you will receive a letter in the mail explaining the reason.
What counts as travel for the card_name?
To qualify for the bonus rewards on the card_name, you must purchase travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
Can I transfer card_name points to travel partners?
card_name points do not transfer to travel partners unless you’re able to transfer points to another Chase premium travel card that does offer Ultimate Rewards.
The information presented here is created independently from the TIME editorial staff. To learn more, see our About page.