Few agree on what the Metaverse will be, but Magnopus’ Ben Grossmann is aiming for one key attribute: inclusivity. His company’s approach runs counter to others that require a specific VR headset for entry into the 3D version of the internet. “Our approach would be: to be a part of this world, you can use whatever device you have,” says Grossmann, Magnopus CEO and co-founder. Analogous to the way Squarespace allows anyone to publish pretty websites without coding, Connected Spaces is a user-friendly publishing platform for the Metaverse, allowing anyone to create interactive 3D spaces (and avatars) that sync across users’ devices in real-time. Supporting completely virtual or digitally augmented physical places, Connected Spaces is slated for launch by the end of 2022.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time