As weighted blankets gained popularity in recent years, Hugimals founder Marina Khidekel saw an opportunity for a more portable product to provide comfort “anytime you need a calming hug.” Developed in consultation with therapists, psychologists, and pediatricians, Hugimals are weighted stuffed animals that feature a removable glass-bead filling to give the sensation of being hugged (and let you machine wash the exterior). The company partnered with the Toy Foundation to make Hugimals available to patients in five children’s hospitals; one 9-year-old tester reported feeling “safer” snuggling with one. Hugimals has also seen orders from educators who use them in schools “to help kids manage big emotions and stay focused,” Khidekel says.
Buy Now: Hugimals
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time