Fungi-based meat alternatives have been gaining popularity—and a lot of venture capital. Meati’s crispy cutlet and classic cutlet, which debuted in March, are 95% mycelium (mushroom root). Both cutlets, one breaded and one not, look and taste remarkably like actual chicken because they’re whole cuts of the naturally fibrous root, which Meati gently texturizes. “We want to maintain the nutritional integrity of the mushroom root in the final product,” says co-founder and CEO Tyler Huggins, who studied fungi as a field biologist with the U.S. Forest Service.
Buy Now: Meati Crispy Cutlet/Classic Cutlet
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time