“You and I don’t get to choose the cancer we get,” says Dr. Joshua Ofman of Grail, Inc. But with this breakthrough lab test, doctors can choose to screen for over 50 types of cancers—about 10 times as many as can be screened for with current recommended tests. Galleri’s machine learning technology looks for circulating tumor DNA from a blood draw and claims a low false positive rate and high positive predictive value—in other words, it’s accurate. In the recent Pathfinder study, about 50% of the detected cancers were early stage. “Localized cancers in Stage 1 and 2 are often curable,” Ofman notes.
Request Now: Grail Galleri Cancer Test
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time