“You and I don’t get to choose the cancer we get,” says Dr. Joshua Ofman of Grail, Inc. But with this breakthrough lab test, doctors can choose to screen for over 50 types of cancers—about 10 times as many as can be screened for with current recommended tests. Galleri’s machine learning technology looks for circulating tumor DNA from a blood draw and claims a low false positive rate and high positive predictive value—in other words, it’s accurate. In the recent Pathfinder study, about 50% of the detected cancers were early stage. “Localized cancers in Stage 1 and 2 are often curable,” Ofman notes.
Request Now: Grail Galleri Cancer Test
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart