“You and I don’t get to choose the cancer we get,” says Dr. Joshua Ofman of Grail, Inc. But with this breakthrough lab test, doctors can choose to screen for over 50 types of cancers—about 10 times as many as can be screened for with current recommended tests. Galleri’s machine learning technology looks for circulating tumor DNA from a blood draw and claims a low false positive rate and high positive predictive value—in other words, it’s accurate. In the recent Pathfinder study, about 50% of the detected cancers were early stage. “Localized cancers in Stage 1 and 2 are often curable,” Ofman notes.
Request Now: Grail Galleri Cancer Test
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time