In 2021, Fliteboard set the electric hydrofoil (eFoil) surfboard speed world record, clocking 34 miles per hour. The company’s 2.2 series ($12,595) only improves on the watercraft, with a titanium-plated corrosion-resistant battery; more precise controls on the wireless handheld remote control; and an even quieter and more efficient electric motor. “We’re able to slow the motor down without sacrificing speed to create more torque that propels you forward,” says Fliteboard founder David Trewern. Fliteboard is also the smartest eFoil: An all-new companion app captures real-time ride data, including ride time, distance, speed, and turns, and shares it with fellow eFoil fans for kudos across the globe.
Buy Now: Fliteboard 2.2
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction