This sleek helmet makes an argument that safety and custom-fit comfort can go hand in hand. In April, the Silicon Valley–based brand KAV Sports launched its Portola helmet, boasting that it exceeds U.S. helmet protection standards by 25%. Each helmet is custom-3D-printed—the $320 price tag includes a “fit kit” and a virtual fit session—with a carbon-fiber composite, a low-profile “antimushroom” silhouette, and an impact-efficient honeycomb structure inspired by aerospace engineering. “We founded the company with the mission of saving lives, and recognized very early on that in order to do that, we had to have a product that not only looked better but felt amazing on your head,” KAV Sports CEO Whitman Kwok says.
Buy Now: KAV Portola Helmet
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time