Title: A Shiny Bag
I am interested in painting shiny materials, trashbags, and everyday objects as a medium to explore concepts such as identity, existence, and perception. My work is made up of fragments of my own experience, memories, and thoughts. I am drawn to light, shadow and color as a way to reflect upon these themes.
About the Artist
Mariana Pedroza, aka Meela.eth is a Mexican multidisciplinary artist who loves to explore the remains of human existence by painting trash, shiny objects, stones, and general stuff we throw away.
She’s an artist and designer for Robotos NFTs, a former artist of Slices of Timeat, and cofounder of Humankind. Before Web3 she has been a design executive and a UX designer for the last eight years, working for start-ups and leading the design culture strategy in BBVA, the biggest bank of LATAM, until the NFT fever when she committed to her artistic practice full time.
Find Mariana on Twitter.
View on Opensea here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This