Since that moment, the country has careened from crisis to crisis, including children caged at the border, the impeachment of the President, a possible war with Iran, the COVID-19 pandemic, an economic recession and rising tension connected to police violence. In these turbulent waters, Speaker Pelosi has masterfully captained the ship.
Pelosi is a legendary negotiator. Her work on the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement and the pandemic-relief CARES Act transformed both bills into legislation that works for everyday Americans, not just the wealthy and well-connected. Amid a constitutional crisis, she led the way through a historic impeachment in a solemn and sober fashion to reaffirm the long-standing principle that no one is above the law.
With an unyielding focus on results, Speaker Pelosi has brought together an ideologically diverse group of House Democrats to get things done.
Jeffries is a Democratic Congressman from New York and the Democratic caucus chair
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption