Since that moment, the country has careened from crisis to crisis, including children caged at the border, the impeachment of the President, a possible war with Iran, the COVID-19 pandemic, an economic recession and rising tension connected to police violence. In these turbulent waters, Speaker Pelosi has masterfully captained the ship.
Pelosi is a legendary negotiator. Her work on the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement and the pandemic-relief CARES Act transformed both bills into legislation that works for everyday Americans, not just the wealthy and well-connected. Amid a constitutional crisis, she led the way through a historic impeachment in a solemn and sober fashion to reaffirm the long-standing principle that no one is above the law.
With an unyielding focus on results, Speaker Pelosi has brought together an ideologically diverse group of House Democrats to get things done.
Jeffries is a Democratic Congressman from New York and the Democratic caucus chair
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State