Title: A Time to Heal
A Time to Heal reflects the awareness, the hope, and the personal responsibility today’s youth— the next generation of change makers, feel towards mending this country. These young leaders— with optimism and great tenacity, will help heal a country so deeply divided by race, politics, social issues, gender, and economic inequalities— through love and unity.
About the Artist
His humble beginnings started as a young kid with a school project that needed to be finished. Tyler’s mom wanted him to pick something easy but he begged her to allow him to paint, until she gave in. This changed his life. A winner of that contest just 4 years ago, Tyler’s success continues. His artwork has taken the world by storm; having painted and gifted many of today’s hottest celebrities and influencers, including Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Missy Elliot and Kevin Hart to name a select few.
Tyler has worked hard his entire young life despite the disparities that have plagued him. It was at the age of five they discovered that he was born deaf. After a life altering surgery helped him to gain some of his hearing allowing him to learn how to speak, he was left with a severe stutter that many of his peers used as ammunition to bully him. A vitamin deficiency left Tyler facing another setback, now wheelchair bound for two years.
Tyler never let those circumstances define him. A bonafide, artistic prodigy, Tyler’s work is seen on platforms including the Today Show, Good Morning America, MSNBC, USA Today, CBS Nightly News, Essence Magazine, Steve Harvey’s Little Big Shots and much more.
Recently Tyler became a media phenomenon after painting Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, which quickly went viral and resulted in VP Harris calling Tyler to personally thank him for creating the portrait.
Tyler’s work has been featured in a host of galleries including Beverly Hills, California and Tribeca, New York. He recently executed both a black history and women’s history month national campaign with Disney, contributed to the inauguration of President Joe Biden and will release his first book as an author in Fall 2021.
View on OpenSea here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve