Title: Woven Futures, Woven Histories, 2065
The image from 2065, shows our interconnected lives weaving the future. In 1965 immigrants came to this country and began a life filled with interconnection and hope, and this image reflects the strength, resilience, beauty, and activism of the generations that came after. As one looks at both pieces together they can flip, each referring to the other.
Unifying a thread of past and future.
The fabric of our society, made up of these beautiful communities, as seeds planted by those who came before, growing wildly with freedom.
Barbata was invited to TIMEPieces by Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya. Their work is inspired by the year 1965.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time