Title: Woven Futures, Woven Histories, 2065
The image from 2065, shows our interconnected lives weaving the future. In 1965 immigrants came to this country and began a life filled with interconnection and hope, and this image reflects the strength, resilience, beauty, and activism of the generations that came after. As one looks at both pieces together they can flip, each referring to the other.
Unifying a thread of past and future.
The fabric of our society, made up of these beautiful communities, as seeds planted by those who came before, growing wildly with freedom.
Barbata was invited to TIMEPieces by Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya. Their work is inspired by the year 1965.
Slices of TIME - 1965
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism