Title: FASTER AND FASTER
On September 3rd Malcolm Campbell breaks the world land speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah.
He reached 301.129 miles per hour (the first to go over 300 miles per hour)–– in his super streamlined car Blue Bird. Speed was all anyone thought of back then.
PETER ARKLE lives in New York City where he’s a freelance illustrator of books, magazines and ads. He has drawn many illustrations for Time magazine over the years on a wide range of subjects.
TJ HUFF is a Brooklyn artist focussing on illustrations, woodcuts and photography based on historical juxtapositions.
@exhumist | @peterarkleillustration
Arkle invited TJ Huff to TIMEPieces. Their work is inspired by the year 1935.
Slices of TIME - 1935
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism