Title: FASTER AND FASTER
On September 3rd Malcolm Campbell breaks the world land speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah.
He reached 301.129 miles per hour (the first to go over 300 miles per hour)–– in his super streamlined car Blue Bird. Speed was all anyone thought of back then.
PETER ARKLE lives in New York City where he’s a freelance illustrator of books, magazines and ads. He has drawn many illustrations for Time magazine over the years on a wide range of subjects.
TJ HUFF is a Brooklyn artist focussing on illustrations, woodcuts and photography based on historical juxtapositions.
Arkle invited TJ Huff to TIMEPieces. Their work is inspired by the year 1935.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time