As TIME approaches its 100th year, we wanted to take a look back to see where we have come from and forward to see where our future is headed. TIME’s Creative Director DW Pine created custom artwork which features slices of covers printed for each year since TIME’s founding in 1923, called Slices of TIME.
We then selected 19 artists, who in turn picked 19 collaborators, to create one piece of art each—one inspired by a year from TIME’s past and one by what they see as a hundred years in the future. So, for example, 1969 and 2069.
Each collector who mints a Slice of TIME has the opportunity to hold, or trade and burn, their piece for an incredible original artwork by one of the featured artists.
Slices of TIME will mint in mid-February at 0.05ETH plus gas.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time