Title: The fog of time
This TIMEPiece propels us forward into 2087, a world awash in light and steam, a futurescape populated by characters that move like ghosts through city streets. New York in the future is a Blade Runner reality, a world of rain, flashes of color, and deep atmosphere. I envision a world where artists are elevated, valued for their contributions of beauty, their efforts to build the visual cortex of our collective consciousness. As network technologies evolve, we are driven deeper into a world of creative ecosystems, a world where we all rise together. We have realized that our sum is greater than our parts, we have walked back from the dark edges of division, and we work to show that at the center of it all, there is love.
Krugman invited Mike Szpot to TIMEPieces. Their work is inspired by the year 1987.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space