Take for example, the video titled “Japanese meal for cats” that was shared by JunsKitchen on Monday and has since been watched nearly 1.2 million times. In the culinary clip, YouTuber Jun Yoshizuki, who runs the channel with his wife Rachel, meticulously prepares a Japanese-inspired feline feast while two of his cats, Poki and Nagi, patiently sit at the table waiting to sample it.
As tranquil music plays in the background, Yoshizuki cooks up “miso soup” flavored with dried bonito flakes, dried sardines and catnip powder, “rice” made out of ground chicken breast and ground fish molded into the shape of…fish.
And when he’s done, it’s clear the cats are eager to dig in. Yoshizuki’s third cat, Kohaku, even joins in the feeding frenzy to see what the fuss is all about.
Watch the video below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up