In a video first uploaded on Facebook and then shared on Twitter, a dog named Piper, who was missing for two weeks, excitedly waits in the car to see his owner, a young boy named Carter, who’s leaving school for the day.
When Carter sees Piper, his emotions change from disbelief to excitement and tears of happiness. After Carter puts away his backpack, he hugs Piper tightly in a moment that’s both heartwarming and tear-jerking.
According to the Facebook post, after Piper was lost, the family was worried that they would never see her again, until a dog matching her description was found at the Genesee County Animal Shelter, which Carter’s mother called “a Christmas miracle.”
See the delightful and touching moment when Carter and Piper the dog are reunited below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now