The dog named Serenity protected five kittens on the side of the road before Pet and Wildlife Rescue in Chatham, Ontario, received word of the situation. An official from the non-profit organization rescued the whole family.
In a Facebook post, the animal shelter shared a cuteness overload for the internet that included a picture of Serenity smooching her basket of kittens, with the caption, “Our stray sweetheart is keeping her ‘babies’ safe at the shelter tonight!” The post quickly went viral as hundreds shared pictures of the animals on their own pages.
Serenity is an estimated two years old, so she has “the energy of a toddler,” the shelter wrote on her adoption page. The five kittens are currently with a foster family, the shelter wrote on social media, until they’re old enough for adoption.
Naturally, over 30 people from across North America have applied to adopt Serenity through the shelter online, a representative told TIME on Monday morning.
In an ideal world, whomever takes this pup home has some kittens waiting to be cared for, too.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World