Charles, who is celebrating his 71st birthday in Mumbai, India, can be seen looking at his grandson in Harry’s arms.
The picture, which was taken at Archie’s christening in July, was posted by Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, on Thursday. Alongside, he wrote: “Happy birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales – Sir, Pa, Grandpa!”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have closely guarded publicly access of their son since he was born in May, expressing a desire for him to be allowed a normal life as he grows up.
Prince Charles, first in line to the throne, is currently on an official royal visit in India, and has spent the day celebrating his birthday meeting school children in Mumbai and sharing chocolate birthday cake with them. The school children, who met the Prince in are supported in their education by Piramal Foundation, a charitable foundation working in collaboration with Prince Charles’s British Asian Trust.
The children gave him a birthday card as well as a present of tiny figures in three bonsai gardens, which tell the story of Hindu deity Krishna, Sky News reported.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List