That is none other than one Kilgore sophomore baseball player named Ren Reynolds who raced across the field as Forrest Gump in Tyler, Texas on Wednesday. And the internet noticed. Boy did it notice.
He commits. His moves hew very close to the relentless spirit and style of the titular character of the iconic film as is evident in this viral video that has understandably racked up more than 7 million views since its original posting from the game.
He hits the ball, races to first base and then, in a not totally unpredictable turn of events, he just keeps on running until he comes to fence and leaps right over.
The team uploaded a video of him in character, and the recognition was immediate so he got big laughs. But the antics didn’t stop there.
On top of that, his teammate Tre Erwin went as an inflatable dinosaur, and wasn’t that much less mobile.
Tyler Junior College has played an annual Halloween game for several years, so it wasn’t a surprise to see people with a true penchant for Halloween stunts upping their game. But it’s safe to say they may have outdone themselves this year.
It’s like Forrest’s mamma never said, life is like a box of chocolates, but with this guy you pretty much know what you’re getting as soon as he steps up to plate.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This