Mariah Carey, the ever-elusive chanteuse and high priestess of shade, confirmed that she is the ultimate diva when she took on the latest viral sensation to hit the Internet, the Bottle Cap Challenge.
The challenge, which has amused the likes of John Mayer, Diplo and Justin Bieber while provoking the ire of Snoop Dogg, generally consists of participants using a roundhouse kick to unscrew the top of a bottle.
For the inimitable Mimi, however, an icon known for being carried into her concerts and refusing anything but good light, undue physical exertion was clearly not an option. Instead, she opted to use her famous five vocal range to release a note that knocked the cap off of her bottle. In a video posted to Carey’s Instagram account, Lambs (her avid fan base) and casual viewers alike can witness the black crystal corset-clad songbird prepare for her feat with an elegant karate chop before she launches into one of her signature whistle register notes, sending the bottle cap flying.
To all those attempting to challenge Mariah’s #BottleCapChallenge prowess: we don’t know you.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023