Versace, who came fabulously attired in an ornate navy and gold dress of her own design, was a co-host for the event, alongside Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, Rihanna, and Amal Clooney. Of course, Donatella, never one to heed convention, ensured that her dress was anything but average by choosing a sweeping overskirt style that cut open dramatically in the front to show off a mini dress and over-the-knee high heel boots. The elaborate gold embroidery paid homage to the theme of the gala, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
Although the designer has long been an influencer for the fashion industry, she’s also been a major fixture in pop culture; in the past, she’s appeared as herself in the fashion-focused comedy, Zoolander and has even been the inspiration for an eponymous song by Lady Gaga. Many will also recognize Donatella from the television series, American Crime Story, the most recent season of which details the assassination of her late brother Gianni Versace.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time