It’s a universally acknowledged fact that Rihanna‘s fearless red carpet fashion always ensures that she is queen of the Met Gala, so it’s only appropriate that the bad gal will be taking her rightful place as one of this year’s official hosts of fashion’s biggest party.
On Wednesday, Vogue announced that Rihanna will be co-hosting the 2018 annual Met Gala next May and that the theme will be “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Completing the holy trinity of hosts for what’s sure to be a soul-fulfilling night are Amal Clooney and Donatella Versace who will also assume hosting responsibilities for the event.
According to Vogue, the theme seeks “to create a dialogue between fashion and the masterworks of religious art” and will include “papal garb on loan from the Sistine Chapel sacristy, many of which have never been seen outside the Vatican.”
Since Rihanna’s keen sartorial sense is always a religious experience, this pairing seems like a perfect fit.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms