It’s a universally acknowledged fact that Rihanna‘s fearless red carpet fashion always ensures that she is queen of the Met Gala, so it’s only appropriate that the bad gal will be taking her rightful place as one of this year’s official hosts of fashion’s biggest party.
On Wednesday, Vogue announced that Rihanna will be co-hosting the 2018 annual Met Gala next May and that the theme will be “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Completing the holy trinity of hosts for what’s sure to be a soul-fulfilling night are Amal Clooney and Donatella Versace who will also assume hosting responsibilities for the event.
According to Vogue, the theme seeks “to create a dialogue between fashion and the masterworks of religious art” and will include “papal garb on loan from the Sistine Chapel sacristy, many of which have never been seen outside the Vatican.”
Since Rihanna’s keen sartorial sense is always a religious experience, this pairing seems like a perfect fit.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now