It’s a universally acknowledged fact that Rihanna‘s fearless red carpet fashion always ensures that she is queen of the Met Gala, so it’s only appropriate that the bad gal will be taking her rightful place as one of this year’s official hosts of fashion’s biggest party.
On Wednesday, Vogue announced that Rihanna will be co-hosting the 2018 annual Met Gala next May and that the theme will be “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Completing the holy trinity of hosts for what’s sure to be a soul-fulfilling night are Amal Clooney and Donatella Versace who will also assume hosting responsibilities for the event.
According to Vogue, the theme seeks “to create a dialogue between fashion and the masterworks of religious art” and will include “papal garb on loan from the Sistine Chapel sacristy, many of which have never been seen outside the Vatican.”
Since Rihanna’s keen sartorial sense is always a religious experience, this pairing seems like a perfect fit.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022