Florence Pugh carries a lack of vanity that sees her fully and completely inhabit every role she takes on, from the historically maligned Amy March in Little Women to the grieving Dani in Midsommar. We met working on Fighting With My Family, for which she transformed into a WWE star. We wrestled together (in hot pants), cried together (scripted), but mostly, we laughed a lot. She is a wonderful actor, filled with generosity toward her co-stars and curiosity about the human experience. An even bigger audience will soon know her power when Florence stars opposite Scarlett Johansson in the upcoming Marvel film Black Widow. When she’s not onscreen, Flo feels no need to pretend to be someone other than who she is: a fantastic cook and a massive nerd, which I say as a compliment. Also, she sings like a f-cking angel.
Headey is an Emmy Award–nominated actor
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement