Doja Cat is one of a kind: a rising superstar, an elite performer and an insanely hilarious influencer. She doesn’t take herself too seriously, but you know she puts a hell of a lot of work into everything she does. She goes out of her way to be herself at all costs and that’s what truly makes an artist. Her 2019 album Hot Pink was truly one of my favorites in the last couple years—I was hooked after hearing the singles “Rules,” “Cyber Sex” and “Bottom Bitch.” But the moment I knew Doja was here to stay was during her run of performances in 2020. It would have been easy for her to give the same treatment to every performance and award show, but no! Over and over, she reinvented herself, each time better than the last. And she kept releasing hit songs too—from “Say So” to her recent feature on Ariana Grande’s “34+35” remix. She’s an inspiration to me, and I can’t wait to see what she does next.
Lil Nas X is a Grammy Award–winning musical artist
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time