Title: The Year That Took Us To The Moon
Although slightly younger than child portrayed, I distinctly remember following the Apollo 11 mission, from launch to splashdown. I played alone for hours with my very own Saturn 5 rocket and Lunar Landing module, pantomiming with slow motion movement, the first step we took on the surface of the moon.
Stauffer invited Harry Campbell to TIMEPieces. Their work is inspired by the year 1969.
Slices of TIME - 1969
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism