There’s this old-soul quality you receive from Mila Kunis the moment you meet her. She gives 100% to each and every one of her roles: as a mother, as a wife, as a daughter, as a granddaughter, as a friend, as a producer, as an actor. She goes all in, and she cares a great deal. I’ve seen her transform when she’s approaching a character—whilst still being the mom who drops off the kids. She’s such a curious individual, hungry for conversations that are important, that are thought-provoking. And she’s also very generous with information that she learns; she just spreads it around. She is very much a leader, whether she is running a chat group of fellow mothers, organizing an event, or fundraising for causes she cares about.
Mila has always been proud of who she is and where she comes from, and the sacrifices that her family made for her and her brother to come to America. She’s also been very aware of what it must have been for her parents and grandparents and great-grandparents to have left it all behind. As daughters of immigrants, you understand that you stand in a certain box that makes you quite responsible very early in life. It is a mission and a responsibility and a blessing. Seeing her fundraise for Ukraine and raise tens of millions: it’s what we have come to expect the Kutcher-Kunis clan to do, to always rise to the occasion. What needs to be done? They will take it upon themselves, they will initiate anything and everything in their power to be of service.
Saldaña is an actor
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief