As people around the world practice social distancing in an effort to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus, residents at a senior living center got a very special guest host for a virtual bingo game.
“We got two winners! Look at this! Look at that board!” Matthew McConaughey can be heard calling the bingo board numbers with his signature delivery in video that went viral Monday night. Players from the independent and assisted living facility, The Enclave at Round Rock Senior Living in Round Rock, Texas took part in the spirited game that took place over Zoom on Sunday night. From the looks of it, they all had a ball, and McConaughey’s family including his kids, his mother, Kay, and his wife Camila Alves McConaughey even got in on the fun.
“Ever play virtual bingo with #MatthewMcConaughey? You’d be a whole lot cooler if you did!” the facility captioned the video shared to Facebook, which has been shared 1,000 times. McConaughey was invited back in September, according to CBS Austin, but a remote visit this weekend seems like as good a time as any. There was even time during the game for questions about the actor’s favorite drink.
Actor, professor of practice in the media studies wing of The University of Texas in Austin, commencement and awards speech ace, and bingo caller. This guy does it all.
Keep up to date with our daily coronavirus newsletter by clicking here.
“The generosity and kindness Matthew McConaughey and his family showed our residents was beautiful, but more importantly we were gifted with a humble message from his heart,” William Swearingen, senior VP of sales and marketing at Spectrum Retirement, told Good Morning America. “And for that, we will be forever grateful.”
See the 20 residents and their famous host in action below.
The fun spilled over onto Twitter of course.
Please send any tips, leads, and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now