From the moment she met him in Game of Thrones‘ sixth season, Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) was nothing but perfectly clear about the fact that she had zero romantic interest in Tormund Giantsbane (Kristofer Hivju). But that didn’t stop him from continuing to pursue “the big woman” right up until she consummated her relationship with Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) in season 8.
And in real life, Brienne cosplayers appear to still be dealing with unwanted attention from Tormund lookalikes. In a video that has gone viral since it was posted on Reddit on Sunday, the camera pans down a line of five smiling Tormund doppelgängers to reveal a disgruntled Brienne (cosplayer Kat Tierney) standing in their midst. The hilarious clip was originally shared on Instagram in August by Stephanie Mack, who also shot it.
Those commenting on the post, which has garnered over 45,000 upvotes as of Monday morning, seem to agree that the fourth Tormund in line — cosplayer Zack Jones — most resembles Hivju’s character and has mastered the “Giantslayer’s crazy eye.” But the effort was definitely there from the others (Matt Foran, Syllee Cosplay, Kevin Von Close and John Hickman, in order of appearance) as well.
Watch the video below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer