From the moment she met him in Game of Thrones‘ sixth season, Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) was nothing but perfectly clear about the fact that she had zero romantic interest in Tormund Giantsbane (Kristofer Hivju). But that didn’t stop him from continuing to pursue “the big woman” right up until she consummated her relationship with Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) in season 8.
And in real life, Brienne cosplayers appear to still be dealing with unwanted attention from Tormund lookalikes. In a video that has gone viral since it was posted on Reddit on Sunday, the camera pans down a line of five smiling Tormund doppelgängers to reveal a disgruntled Brienne (cosplayer Kat Tierney) standing in their midst. The hilarious clip was originally shared on Instagram in August by Stephanie Mack, who also shot it.
Those commenting on the post, which has garnered over 45,000 upvotes as of Monday morning, seem to agree that the fourth Tormund in line — cosplayer Zack Jones — most resembles Hivju’s character and has mastered the “Giantslayer’s crazy eye.” But the effort was definitely there from the others (Matt Foran, Syllee Cosplay, Kevin Von Close and John Hickman, in order of appearance) as well.
Watch the video below.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time