Warning: This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
After Tyrion asked Brienne if she was a virgin during a drinking game, Brienne grew uncomfortable and walked out of the Great Hall. Jaime then followed Brienne to her room, where they consummated their relationship.
Brienne and Jaime’s relationship had a rocky start after Catelyn Stark charged Brienne with returning Jaime to King’s Landing in exchange for Sansa and Arya during the War of the Five Kings. But after Jaime’s hand was chopped off by Locke, they slowly began to develop a deep respect for each other. Jaime went on to gift Brienne with her Valyrian steel sword Oathkeeper and even knighted her before the Battle of Winterfell.
But it wasn’t until the fourth episode of season 8 that the connection between them turned romantic. Unfortunately, after hearing about Cersei’s latest assault on Daenerys’ forces, Jaime couldn’t resist the call of King’s Landing despite Brienne’s tearful pleas for him to stay with her at Winterfell.
“She’s hateful,” Jaime said of Cersei. “And so am I.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow