Who needs emergency services when ambulance dog is here to save the day? In a now-viral video that was originally shared by the dog’s owner, Aliyah Buksh, on Instagram over the weekend, an Australian Shepherd wearing an ambulance costume adorably howls along with his get-up’s siren after some encouragement from his mom.
“River the pawmedic is currently accepting invitations for Halloween *sound on,*” Buksh captioned the clip.
The Halloween costume consists of a styrofoam box designed to look like an ambulance that fits over the pup’s torso and a blinking red collar that emits a siren noise. And the video — which has since been re-posted by the Twitter account Aussies Doing Things, liked more than 487 thousand times and retweeted nearly 126 thousand — is the perfect remedy for anyone who is healing from an illness or injury.
Forget modern medicine. The cure-all we’ve been waiting for has arrived.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms