Summer vacation is ending for children everywhere—including Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, who started school on Thursday accompanied by her parents, Prince William and Kate Middleton, and her brother, Prince George.
Like her older brother, 4-year-old Princess Charlotte is attending the London private school Thomas’s Battersea, People reports. On her way into the school, a uniformed Princess Charlotte held hands with a beaming Kate Middleton, who People reports had to miss George’s first day of school due to extreme morning sickness while pregnant with Prince Louis.
A tweet from Kensington Palace shows both royal children and parents shaking hands with Helen Haslem, the head of the lower school, as they entered the school grounds. And though Princess Charlotte appeared to have a case of a first day nerves at first, clutching her mother’s hand and hiding behind her, Prince William summed up her feelings: “First day — very excited,” according to People.
School follows an eventful summer for the royal children, who were seen stealing the show at Queen Elizabeth II’s Trooping the Colour parade in June.
Of course, royal fans couldn’t get enough.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up