In the past, the sight of Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane lifting up a fellow Game of Thrones actor has frequently served as a cue for fans to cover their eyes. But during a weekend run-in with Ed Sheeran — who played an unnamed Lannister soldier in Thrones‘ season 7 premiere — actor-strongman Hafþór Björnsson showed off his gentler side.
Björnsson, who played the Mountain in Game of Thrones‘ final five seasons, took to Instagram on Sunday to share a video of himself picking up Sheeran and lifting the singer fully over his head while everyone else in the room cheered. “He asked for it,” Björnsson captioned the post. “Luckily I didn’t drop him… He has to work tonight!!”
Sheeran, who is currently on tour, also shared a photo of himself posing in the air while Björnsson effortlessly supported the entirety of his weight. “When in Iceland,” he quipped.
Although the two seem to be friends now, Sheeran should probably consider himself lucky that he never came to face-to-face with Björnsson on the show. We’re guessing that Cersei wouldn’t have been too happy that he helped out one of the Stark girls.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer