The dog’s owner, Nick Johnson, took to Twitter on Tuesday to share the dog’s unfortunate-yet-uplifting situation. “My dog’s back legs were paralyzed last month, but I don’t think he knows yet,” Johnson wrote, “so don’t tell him.”
It looks like this pup is living his best life.
In the video on Twitter, the dog chases to fetch a football his owner throws as two legs drag behind him. The viral tweet has garnered close to 500,000 likes and more than 5 million views as of Wednesday morning. Johnson then shared the Instagram account for the Frenchie, who is named Cudi. You can follow along with his adventures and escapades on the LilBuddyCudi page.
Some people chimed in to share their own dogs that are injured or have disabilities, and the result is the most heartfelt thread you’ll see on social media all day.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms