During Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host welcomed viewers back following a Thanksgiving hiatus by performing a Trump-inspired cover of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town.”
Colbert explained that the political carol, dubbed “Mueller Claus Is Comin’ to Town,” was intended to send a message to the President about what’s in store for him as special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation kicks into “high gear.”
“He sees you when you’re tweeting, he knows your hair is fake,” Colbert sang. “He knows when you’ve been bad or bad because you’re bad for goodness sake. You’re bad!”
Colbert then launched into a detailed breakdown of the controversy surrounding Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
Watch the full clip below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving