During Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host welcomed viewers back following a Thanksgiving hiatus by performing a Trump-inspired cover of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town.”
Colbert explained that the political carol, dubbed “Mueller Claus Is Comin’ to Town,” was intended to send a message to the President about what’s in store for him as special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation kicks into “high gear.”
“He sees you when you’re tweeting, he knows your hair is fake,” Colbert sang. “He knows when you’ve been bad or bad because you’re bad for goodness sake. You’re bad!”
Colbert then launched into a detailed breakdown of the controversy surrounding Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating