During Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host welcomed viewers back following a Thanksgiving hiatus by performing a Trump-inspired cover of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town.”
Colbert explained that the political carol, dubbed “Mueller Claus Is Comin’ to Town,” was intended to send a message to the President about what’s in store for him as special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation kicks into “high gear.”
“He sees you when you’re tweeting, he knows your hair is fake,” Colbert sang. “He knows when you’ve been bad or bad because you’re bad for goodness sake. You’re bad!”
Colbert then launched into a detailed breakdown of the controversy surrounding Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com