Following IHOP’s big reveal that it was changing it’s name- for now anyway – to IHOb to promote the debut of its new burgers, fellow restaurants like Wendy’s and Denny’s took to social media on Monday to mock the rebrand. Now, Burger King has also joined in on the viral pettiness.
Taking a shot at IHOP’s transition from a pancake to burger focus, the fast food joint changed its name to Pancake King on both Twitter and Facebook. Burger King does in fact serve pancakes for breakfast, but the dish is by no means what the chain is known for—as is certainly the case for the burgers at the establishment formerly known as IHOP.
Of course, the Internet was in stitches over the shady switch-up. “I love that @BurgerKing changed their profile to ‘Pancake King.’ I am 100% here for all the fast food pettiness,” tweeted one fan of the fast food beef. “Super size the petty!”
See some of the best responses below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization