Like it or not, Game of Thrones is coming to an end. Which means that when season eight of the HBO drama finally airs in 2019, fans are going to have to say goodbye to each and every one of their favorite characters.
In an interview with Vanity Fair that was published on Wednesday, Emilia Clarke seemed to hint that Daenerys Targaryen’s last scene will almost certainly be controversial. “It f—ed me up,” she said of shooting her character’s final on-screen moments. “Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is . . .”
For her part, it seems like no one will miss the Mother of Dragons more than Clarke herself.
“The transformation of Daenerys is the greatest gift I’ve been given as an actor, 100 percent,” she recently told The Hollywood Reporter. “Daenerys is so much a part of who I am, and I am so much a part of who she is, so it’s this incredibly frightening thing to walk away from—but at the same time, unbelievably exciting.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer