After posting a series of pictures from her childhood and college years, the former First Lady took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a heartfelt shot of herself and husband Barack Obama on their wedding day.
“You can’t tell it from this photo, but Barack woke up on our wedding day in October, 1992 with a nasty head cold,” she captioned the photo of the future president removing her garter at their reception. “Somehow, by the time I met him at the altar, it had miraculously disappeared and we ended up dancing almost all night.”
Michelle went on to express her gratitude for their marriage. “Twenty five years later, we’re still having fun, while also doing the hard work to build our partnership and support each other as individuals,” she wrote. “I can’t imagine going on this wild ride with anybody else.”
See the photo below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow