Emilia Clarke may play Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons on Game of Thrones, but when it comes to the world of Star Wars, there’s apparently one role even she can’t master.
During a Monday appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to promote her new movie, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Clarke was tasked with attempting to translate some of Chewbacca’s dialogue into the Wookiee’s native language. The results were unfortunate to say the least.
“Oh my god! That’s worse than I thought it was in my head,” she exclaimed. “I was like it’s going to be bad, but that’s terrible.”
“I thought mine was bad but that is really up there,” the host added.
Watch the full clip below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This