Luckily, Ryan Reynolds, the movie’s star, is already doing his best to nip that problem in the bud. Reynolds took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a message from Deadpool that not only warned fans about spoilers, but also managed to take a shot at the Avengers.
In a hilarious recreation of the letter that Marvel directors Joe and Anthony Russo tweeted leading up to the release of Avengers: Infinity War, the Merc with a Mouth urges fans to keep quiet about Deadpool 2‘s plot.
“To the greaterest fans in the whole universe,” the note reads. “Only a handful of people know the film’s true plot. One of them is not Ryan Reynolds. We’re asking that when you see Deadpool 2, you don’t say a f—ing word about the fun s—t in the movie. Cause it’d be super lame to spoil the fact that Deadpool dies in this one. Kidding. Not Kidding. Kidding? Godspeed.”
Deadpool 2 hits theaters on May 18.
Read the full message below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org