Luckily, Ryan Reynolds, the movie’s star, is already doing his best to nip that problem in the bud. Reynolds took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a message from Deadpool that not only warned fans about spoilers, but also managed to take a shot at the Avengers.
In a hilarious recreation of the letter that Marvel directors Joe and Anthony Russo tweeted leading up to the release of Avengers: Infinity War, the Merc with a Mouth urges fans to keep quiet about Deadpool 2‘s plot.
“To the greaterest fans in the whole universe,” the note reads. “Only a handful of people know the film’s true plot. One of them is not Ryan Reynolds. We’re asking that when you see Deadpool 2, you don’t say a f—ing word about the fun s—t in the movie. Cause it’d be super lame to spoil the fact that Deadpool dies in this one. Kidding. Not Kidding. Kidding? Godspeed.”
Deadpool 2 hits theaters on May 18.
Read the full message below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms