The Emmy award-winning creative, who is openly gay, showed up to the 2018 Met Gala in a black suit with a colorful rainbow flag worn as a flowing cape, a fashion statement that firmly affirmed her pride as a queer woman. The symbolism of Lena’s bold rainbow cape was especially relevant as the theme of the 2018 Met Gala was Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination and the Catholic church has historically rejected homosexuality.
Needless to say, the Internet was here for the display of inclusivity that Lena had at the Met Gala and took to social media to sound off on it.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time