Clooney, attended the night’s festivities in an ensemble that not only featured trouser pants with a sweeping overskirt with a sizable train, but also somehow combined metallic silver and a bold floral pattern in one look. She accessorized the dramatic formalwear with a high ponytail, dangling silver earrings, and the ultimate arm candy, her husband, actor George Clooney. She co-chaired the event alongside Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, Donatella Versace, and Rihanna.
The international human rights lawyer, who’s been noted for her sophisticated sense of style, opted to wear Richard Quinn for her ensemble that night, the dramatic floral pattern well within the gala’s theme of Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms