In John Krasinski’s new movie A Quiet Place, any sound can get you horrifically killed by Demogorgon-esque monsters who hunt by hearing. So it’s no surprise that some watching the horror flick can’t help but be self-conscious about their noisy movie snacks.
A Quiet Place — which raked in a whopping $50 million over the weekend — stars Krasinski and his real-life wife Emily Blunt as a married couple attempting to keep their children safe in a post-apocalyptic landscape swarming with the aforementioned beasts. The characters are silent for nearly the entire film, making for a moviegoing experience that is on the quieter side.
Of course, this also means that any theater noise is much more audible than normal — a surprisingly terrifying aspect of the story.
“The most horrific part of A Quiet Place is when you realize the movie is silent and you’re about to hear every crunch of popcorn, slurp of Diet Coke, and stifled burp in the entire theater for the next hour and a half,” explained one Twitter user after seeing the movie.
See some more horrified snacking reactions below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time