The internet’s debate about the true color of tennis balls just went pro.
Nothing splits the internet like a good “The Dress”-like argument and it turns out the tennis ball is a polarizing piece of sports equipment. Is it yellow or green?
Surely, the world’s number one ranking men’s tennis player, Roger Federer, could settle things once and for all. That’s what one man thought when the GOAT was greeting fans in Chicago Monday, so he asked him to weigh in.
“Hey Roger, are tennis balls green or yellow?” the man asked in a video that has gone viral.
Not missing a beat, Federer answered with complete certitude.
“They’re yellow!” he said with a smile.
The guy has 20 Grand Slam titles under his belt. He must have collected more tennis ball expertise throughout his glittering career than the average internet expert.
Be that as it may, his decisive response only revved the debate up even more.
People continue to argue about it with the passion usually reserved for high school productions of Inherit the Wind.
For what it’s worth (not much at this point) most tennis ball manufacturers would side with Federer.
See some of the takes below.
For some the question is a real eye opener.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out